- Approx 2,700m2 of PowerCem Stabilisation
- 100mm topsoil strip
Barton were contracted by Breheny to provide a stabilisation solution on a temporary haul route, compound area at Finchampstead site.
The access road needed to have suitable weight bearing properties to support HGV/lowloader vehicles, yet the insitu soil was untreatable with standard lime stabilisation.
Barton provided a cost effective solution in RoadCem stabilisation, which combines with cement to treat a range of typically untreatable soils.
Works completed included:
- Mobilisation of stabilisation equipment.
- Stripped top 100mm of surface vegetation and topsoil; including strip and side cast to stockpile adjacent to the works.
- Minimal cut and fill works to create required cross fall to achieve water run off to one side.
- Treat top 300mm of surface with blend of RoadCem and Cement products. (Works to provide adequate strength for intended HGV/lowloader access and occasional tracked machinery).